Tools to Start Your Washington State Business

Start a Business in Washington State The 5-Step Process

The 5-Step Process

(1) Get an inCitySpace Virtual Office Business Address

Before your form your LLC or Corporation, you'll need a business address to use. You don't want to use a home address or PO Box service. inCitySpace provides a professional business address for all your corporate filings, business licensing, Washington State Department of Revenue & IRS EIN registration.

(2) File your LLC, Corporation, or Partnership with the Washington Secretary of State

Seal and Secretary of State Signature Washington

This is a helpful resource to set-up your corporation, LLC, or partnership in Washington State. Remember, you'll need a Registered Agent in Washington. inCitySpace includes Registered Agent service with our annual membership plan. Check out our business address w/registered agent service.

Your inCitySpace business address is a professional commercial office building address location in Seattle, WA. This is a real street address, not a PO Box. You can use this address to file your business LLC, corporation or partnership with the Washington Secretary of State, Department of Revenue, Department of Licensing, Internal Revenue Service, and use the address on all your company marketing materials and website.

Every corporation, LLC, or Limited Partnership must have a registered agent (also known as a “resident agent,” “statutory agent” or “agent of process”) in their state of formation, and in any state the company does business. The registered agent ensures you receive all important legal documents such as service of process (meaning a notice of a lawsuit) and official governmental notices. This is a critical service as it can determine if you win or lose a lawsuit. The Washington Secretary of State requires a registered agent. When you sign up with inCitySpace's annual membership plan, you get a business address and registered agent service is included if you need it.

inCitySpace can assist you in designating us as your registered agent, but we cannot offer legal advice.

(3) Apply for a Washington State Business License with the Washington State Department of Revenue

You must apply for a Washington State Business License with the Washington State Department of Revenue in order to do business in Washington State. This enables you to pay taxes and hire employees. You may also need to apply for a business license in any city or locality in which you hire employees or conduct business.

(4) Apply for an EIN (Employer Identification Number) with the IRS

You must apply for an EIN with the Internal Revenue Service. This is the number used to track employee tax withholding and file business taxes at the end of the year.

(5) Register Your Business in Seattle

You may need to register your business in the City of Seattle, and any other city or locality in which you do business or hire employees.

Let's get started with your business address

Virtual, Cowork and Private Office, Together.